Our industry in general is very misunderstood and many people within the visual arts “stumbled” into it after forming an interest in fine arts. Parents may even discourage talented students from continuing in visual arts because they are unfamiliar with the many career possibilities.
The DSVC seeks to help assist talented students who wish to pursue a career in the visual arts industry. Through scholarships, the DSVC Foundation provides aid to high school senior students who would like to take the next step to a visual arts career.
There are 3 primary scholarships awarded. Judges will determine the scholarship amounts based on the quality of work and need. Scholarships typically range between $5,000-$6,500 total.
- D.C. Stipp Memorial Scholarship – Top Portfolio
- The Chris Rovillo Memorial Scholarship – 2nd Portfolio
- Paul Jerde Inspiration Scholarship – 3rd Portfolio
There are often additional scholarships awarded to students who may also show potential and need.
The D.C. Stipp Memorial Scholarship, Chris Rovello Memorial Scholarship and Paul Jerde Inspiration Scholarship are awarded to graduating senior students in area high schools. To qualify the student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Full time student enrolled in a DFW Metroplex high school for the entire year
- Planning to major or minor in the visual arts field
- Maintain a minimum of a B or equivalent grade point average
- Provide samples of student’s artwork
Scholarship recipients may attend a university, community college, design school or an accredited art school. The payment of the awarded scholarship will then be made directly to the school in the student’s name.
For questions, please contact Josh Ege at: email@example.com
Please mail the above materials in a standard 9” x 12” envelope to the following address:
2017 DSVC Foundation
c/o Joshua Ege
400 N. Saint Paul St., Suite 715
Dallas, TX 75201