Senior Graphic Designer
Mar 16, 2017
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER GENERAL SUMMARY:
Strategizes, conceptualizes, designs and produces customer/marketing collateral materials for all Dallas Area Rapid Transit external customers, Marketing/Communications Department and other DART Departments (internal clients). Generates new/breakthrough ideas to improve awareness and increase ridership on DART systems (bus, rail, HOV, Paratransit, On-Call, shuttles, etc.). Supervises Graphic Designer (s) and coordinates with other Senior Graphic Designer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops strategic communication concepts to market DARTs products and services.
- Designs and develops customer information collateral materials for DARTs products and services.
- Supervises the work of one Graphic Designer I or contract designer. Develop, coach, counsel and evaluate their work.
- Prioritizes and coordinates with Account Services and Print Production Manager to assure that both deadlines and quality of message are maintained. Assures the original concept meets goals as outlined in Marketing Plan for the project.
- Integrates internal marketing collateral materials with outside advertising agency and acts as a resource to Creative Services team members and Sr. Manager.
- Maintains knowledge of upcoming design trends and new technological developments in the marketing environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
Note: An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the below stated minimums excluding High School Diploma, GED, Licenses, or Certifications.
- Bachelors Degree college or university in Communication Arts with emphasis on Graphic Design or related degree.
- Six (6) years experience in advertising agency or design studio to include one (1) year overseeing and organizing work of creative staff.
- High level of proficiency using a Macintosh personal computer utilizing Adobe Creative Suite CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Typical office equipment such as telephone, copier, scanner, calculator, and fax machine.
- Demonstrates innovation, insights, and creativity resulting in value added to the client
- Ability to solve design problems both conceptually and creatively.
- Ability and willingness to receive, interpret and accept art direction from management.
- Ability to style and art direct photography and illustration.
- Project management skills-productivity, timeliness, handling multiple projects, handling stress.
- Ability to keep current with new and future trends.
- Ability to a pay attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines.
All job candidates must have a recent portlfoio of professional graphic design either online and/or avaialble for presenting at interview.
How to Apply
Please apply online at:
Please do not send resumes via email nor directly contact DART personnel to apply for this position.
Creative Services is the DART Marketing & Communications team that provides agency-wide ideation, copywriting, art direction, graphic design, print production and distribution. In FY16, this department provided creative for 562 projects – everything from outdoor boards, radio spots and online banner ads to elegant invitations, awards booklets and campaigns to support internal departments. In addition, the print production area delivers more than 1.8 million pieces of collateral such as schedules and how-to-ride guides to schools, libraries, civic buildings and more.