UD is currently seeking a Graphic Designer who will be responsible for designing printed materials, providing creative concepts for design projects, and helping to strengthen the brand of the university through consistent use of established graphic design standards. This individual will have the opportunity to work to ensure that all university marketing materials promote a positive, high-quality image of the university and are attractive, cost-effective, timely, and consistent with the university’s brand position and visual identity standards.
• Create visually appealing graphic design projects including web graphics, posters, brochures, flyers, postcards, invitations, magazines and promotional items that adhere to University design standards.
• Support and strengthen the University brand by incorporating approved visual identity elements into graphic design projects.
• Collaborate with University clients to translate design concepts and ideas into a printed product.
• Work with Web Manager, Online Marketing and Communications Specialist, and Communications Specialist to implement ideas for interactive publications utilizing the University Web site and a variety of social media outlets.
• Offer creative ideas to internal clients through interactive collaboration.
• Follow trends in design concepts, technology, and software.
• Manage deadlines for multiple, simultaneous projects.
• Work with printers and vendors to ensure quality and cost-effective production of University materials.
• Assist with organizing digital photos and design files.
• Fulfill occasional photography requests.
• This job description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodation.
· Four-year degree in fine arts, graphic design, or related field that required extensive graphic design skills.
· One to three years professional graphic design experience.
· Experience creating visually-appealing materials using the Adobe CC design suite, or higher.
· Proficient in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and basic HTML.
· Experience with Flash.
· Experience using a Macintosh and a Microsoft operating system.
· Editorial magazine design, photography, and video editing experience.
· The work will require travel and the ability to work evenings and weekends, as necessary.
University of DallasWHO WE ARE The University of Dallas is a private university that leads in academics and has been consistently ranked as one of the top regional universities in the country, holding a place on both U.S. News & World Report’s list of the top 10 Catholic colleges in the West and Forbes’ Best Value Colleges. We thrive on professional development, a family-oriented environment, our rich traditions and exceptional employee benefits.BENEFITS UD provides competitive pay and benefits, including eligibility to participate in medical, dental, life and disability insurance; employee events; a health and wellness program; a free fitness center; competitive leave programs; free tuition for employees and their families; and matching retirement plan contributions. The University of Dallas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The university does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, protected veteran status, age or disability in the administration of its employment practices.