D Magazine Partners is looking for a skilled designer and team player to join our Marketing team. If you’re comfortable in a fast-paced environment and can manage multiple projects simultaneously, this is the job for you.
The Associate Advertising Art Director provides creative supervision on all in-house advertising design, both for internal and external clients. This position also oversees special section content and client sales materials. He/she works with various departments on cross-company creative initiatives, like stationary and multi-platform brand campaigns, and partners with a team of marketers and designers in pursuit of these creative ends.
- Creative direction on D Magazine Partners’ various brand initiatives, including overall look and feel, and print ad design
- In conjunction with the Managing Editor of Special Section, concept and design of D Magazine Partners’ special section content for advertisers. Work within the ship and production schedule of more than 40 magazines a year.
- Concept and design for company media kits and promotional materials, in addition to all sales materials ranging from sales sheets to presentations, proposals, media kits, and more.
- Produce all signage, invites, and event materials for more than 60 events a year.
- Print ad design for external clients as needed.
- Design and delivery for D Magazine Partners stationary and office-wide materials.
- Manage vendor relationships with various printers and paper providers and freelance budgets.
- Periodically contribute to side projects from the Chairman.
- 3-4 years of related experience
- Agency or magazine design background required
- Degree in design or related field
- Exceptional communication and team-driven abilities; ability to work well with business and marketing teams (aka non-designers)
- Substantial design project management experience
- Familiarity with quarterly and annual design/art budgets preferred; experience in budgeting freelance photography and art
- Mastery of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Compelling portfolio showcasing versatility and creativity
- Exceptional communication and team-driven abilities