The initial site design was approved by the DSVC board in the summer of 2008. Dallas design firm Marblehead donated their services with volunteer help from Jenny Bean and Jordan Lamons to fully design and develop the site.
Front End Development
Back End Development
DSVC is currently running on Drupal 6. Drupal is a fantastic open source content management system trusted by dynamic sites such as: Fast Company, Popular Science, MTV UK, Sony Music, and Whitehouse.gov. (if its good enough for Barack, it’s good enough for us)
We run Apache 2 with PHP 5 and MySQL 5 on a virtual dedicated server graciously donated to the club by Nearband Networks.
As of December 2009, all type on the DSVC site is set in FF Meta Web Pro and FF Meta Serif Web Pro both designed by the FontFont type foundry. These fonts are displayed on all browsers like magic thanks to online font server, Typekit.
- Site design: Biefang Graphics 360 Pad / Adobe Illustrator CS3
- Image Production: Adobe Photoshop CS3 / Adobe Fireworks CS3
- Project Management: Basecamp
- Coding: TextMate 1.5
- Browser Testing: VMWare Fusion 2
- Hardware: 2.4 GHz MacBook Pros / 30” Cinema Displays (hell yeah)
2008 – 2009 DSVC.org Staff
- Editor: Brandon DeLoach
- Developer: Blake Elshire
- Museum Curator: Jeff Barfoot
- Project Manager: Jay Ramirez
Design Contributor: Frances Yllana