May 30th, 2018
The Marketing Coordinator will report to the Executive Director to implement the vision of the Deep Ellum Foundation board. The Marketing Coordinator will help support the mission of the Deep Ellum Foundation through promotions and marketing initiatives in addition to working on all projects for the area. As a staff member of the Deep Ellum Foundation, the Marketing Coordinator plays a vital role to improve, enhance, and market Deep Ellum as a whole.
- Manage the Deep Ellum Texas website by regularly providing updates and new content.
- Produce and publish the Deep Ellum Texas newsletter.
- Manage or co-manage with the Deep Ellum Community Association the various Deep Ellum social media accounts (e.g. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn) by engaging with relevant, local influencers and posting daily.
- Contribute to developing, implementing, and consistently assessing an overarching marketing strategy and different communication tools for the organization.
- Provide a Marketing Report and take minutes and notes at monthly DEF board meetings.
- Organize regular Business Owner Meetings.
- Attend events and meetings that may occur outside regular business hours with groups including, but not limited to, Downtown Dallas Inc., Deep Ellum Community Association, D2 Crime Watch, City Council and VisitDallas.
- Cultivate relationships with local property owners, business owners, and city staff.
- Expand relationships with local media contacts.
- Coordinate local event programming with internal or external groups as well as other events and meetings as requested by the Executive Director and/or DEF board.
- Assist the Executive Director with daily project management for various neighborhood projects.
- Assist in office administration tasks and other duties which may arise that benefit the Deep Ellum Foundation mission.
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Journalism,
- and/or related field.
- Exceptional written and oral communicator. Strong listening, comprehension and synthesis skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Experience in graphic design and photography using Adobe Illustrator, InDesign or other design software is highly recommended.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects and work with self-paced deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and multi-task priorities in response to the demands of the daily activities of the organization.
- Well-developed people skills, tact, professional demeanor and the ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of organization including board members, civic leaders, property owners, business owners, public officials, media, residents, and volunteers.
- Eagerness to create systems and policies to streamline day-to-day operations.
- High levels of passion, integrity and energy!
- Interest in urban planning and city politics is beneficial.
How to Apply
Send resume and any inquiries about the position to Emily Vanderstraaten at email@example.com.
Please submit additional marketing portfolio pieces that may be helpful (e.g. writing samples, promotional materials, Adobe experience, social media experience, etc.).
The Deep Ellum Foundation is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation which exists to enhance, improve, and market the neighborhood of Deep Ellum as a whole through public safety, marketing and promotion, business development and recruitment, and general improvement efforts for the area.In addition, the Deep Ellum Foundation strives to provide a unified neighborhood voice to the city and work among the property owners, business owners, residents, and visitors.