The Dining Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Graphic Designer/Marketing Specialist to join our team.
This position is responsible for designing graphic media (print and digital) and supporting the marketing efforts of the department in order to increase sales of our on-campus retail food locations, resident and commuter meal plans, and UNT Catering.
Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Projects will range from large-scale in-store re-branding to small-scale projects like single advertisements, shelf signage and social media graphics.
* Directly reports to the Marketing and Sales Director.
* Works with a team of full-time and student designers.
* Helps coordinate multiple projects and lead the student team under supervision of the Director.
* Keeps Director and team fully informed of project progress, prioritizes as needed, and provides quick turnaround on projects in the queue.
* Additional tasks and duties will be assigned as needed.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in related field, or in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Understanding of market segmentation, principles of marketing, integrated marketing communications principles and branding. Ability to visually inspect copy material.
* Competency in MS Office and requisite publishing, graphic design and media tools.
* Ability to think creatively, organize tasks, work independently and meet deadlines.
* Ability to use Associated Press style.
* Strong communications skills.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* 2-5 years in graphic design or related position.
* A degree in Graphic Design/Communication Design.
* Photography and website design experience knowledge are a plus.
* Competency in Adobe CC and requisite publishing, graphic design and media tools.
* Understanding of market segmentation, principles of marketing, integrated marketing communications principles and branding.
* Ability to visually inspect copy material.
* Strong design portfolio.
* Works independently, takes initiative, and is a productive member of the team.
* Works well in a fast-paced environment (i.e. meets hard deadlines and handles quick turn-arounds).
* Takes creative direction and gives constructive feedback.
* Ability to think creatively, effectively plan and organize projects, work independently and meet deadlines.
* Strong communication skills.
* Works to to establish and maintain effective relationships.
* Manages students and provides constructive criticism to improve both the quality of projects and the level of their skills.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=65459
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter and portfolio of graphic design experience with their online application
Please upload a document that includes a hyperlink to your online portfolio OR upload a PDF portfolio to demonstrate your experience and talent.
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. Our Retail Dining operations offer in house and national branded concepts. The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance.