The Dining Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a talented, driven, and flexible Creative Specialist/Graphic Designer to help elevate our marketing to new levels. The position will play a key role in efforts to increase sales of our on-campus retail food locations, resident and commuter meal plans, and UNT Catering.
This position is responsible for designing graphic media (print and digital) and supporting the marketing efforts of the department in order to increase sales of our on-campus retail food locations, resident and commuter meal plans, and UNT Catering. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
* Creative projects will range from large-scale in-store re-branding to small-scale projects like single advertisements, shelf signage and packaging labels.
* Helps coordinate multiple projects and manages a portfolio of accounts with support from student creative specialists and client service representatives.
* Serves as primary team member responsible for a complete refresh and ongoing management of the Dining Services website.
* Supports social media management and contributes content (written and visual) for various digital and print projects.
* Oversees video-graphy and animation projects.
* Directly reports to the Communications Manager.
* Works with a team of full-time and student employees.
* Keeps team fully informed of project progress, prioritizes as needed, and provides quick turnaround on projects in the queue.
* Additional tasks and duties will be assigned as needed.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applicants must submit a resume, a cover letter, a list of three professional references and a portfolio of graphic design experience with their online application.
Please upload a document that includes a hyperlink to your online portfolio OR upload a PDF portfolio to demonstrate your experience and talent.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Associate's Degree in related field and one year work experience in print, video, and/or electronic media production, or related field; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Understanding of the principles, equipment, software, and practices of the field of media design and production.
* Manual dexterity and physical ability to operate various items of media equipment.
Join the University of North Texas Dining Services department where fresh is "in"! All of our food is prepared fresh in our kitchens using local vendors and farms - no convenience foods. Our Dining Services department includes a nationally acclaimed vegan cafeteria, faculty and staff meal plans, and dining halls open to the community. All menu planning is done in-house by each kitchen's chef and fresh ice cream and baked goods are made on campus. To our staff, eating local is not just an attitude, it's our way of life. The University of North Texas is a state employer offering great benefits, including medical, dental, life, retirement, ample paid time off, and great work/life balance. To learn more about working in Dining, watch this 93 second video: http://www.dining.unt.edu/ourstory