Are you looking for significance? Would you like to know you are making a real difference in the world? If so, we'd love to meet you. Family Legacy is looking for a multi-skilled graphic designer who possesses an understanding of conceptual and practical design and knows what looks good and can explain why. Work would include 25% print collateral, 25% web design and 50% online/social media. Digital illustrations skills are a plus.
The ideal candidate for this role should:
· Be able to generate ideas, prototypes, create thumbnail sketches and translate user needs into elegant solutions for complex problems, taking projects from concept to completion.
· Able to commit to and maintain schedule deadlines with minimal oversight and supervision.
· Produce work with a high level of craft.
· Foster continuous and collaborative communication between stakeholders and team members from different work groups.
· Create thumbnail sketches to draft design ideas.
This position will report directly to the Vice President of Creative Services and will work with executive, communications, child sponsorship, short term missions and development teams both in the U.S. and Zambia to create, build and complete a variety of tranditional print and digital assignments. An ability to educate and inform the staff from these groups and guide them through the creative process is a must. Present 2-3 options of design and creative concepts before proceeding to provide final production art. You will be the creative cirecor, art director and production artist on a variety of projects.
Travel to Lusaka Zambia where we employ more than 1,000 staff and education more then 15,00 vulnerable and orphaned children may be required 1-2 times a eyar.
· Championing Family Legacy’s vision to glorify God by empowering vulnerable and orphaned children in Zambia to live out their God-given potential.
· Build empathy and be an advocate for our end users through participation in human-centered design.
· Work within a team environment advocating traditional and digital design best practices with humility and a joyful willingness to teach and engage others.
· A bachelor’s degree in graphic design.
· Understanding of both print and digital media.
· 5-10 years professional experience.
· High skill proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Illustrator & Photoshop with a strong understanding of typography principals and skilled tye for letter kerning and spacing. Application skills in PowerPoint, Word Press, Mail Merge and some light front end programming will be required as well.
Email only: email@example.com
Include links to online portfolio, resume and contact information.