September 23rd, 2019
A Graphic Designer works closely with the Graphics Supervisor, Senior Graphic Designer, Public Involvement Manager, and remaining graphics team, in the development of graphics in support of our projects. This person plays a vital role in the development of ideas, concepts and production of graphics in support of our projects and the client’s needs.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Creates all required graphics for client-driven projects.
- Designs and coordinates production of various materials to educate or deliver key messages and concepts in the most effective way.
- Interacts with HNTB staff and clients to create initial materials, concepts and ideas that conform to client/project needs and timelines.
- Design and coordinate the development of a wide range of print and multimedia materials.
- Prepares preliminary sketches, renderings, and/or mock-ups to get client approval of ideas.
- Creates original designs and comprehensive layout concepts.
- Coordinates client approval or recommendations and performs modifications as needed.
- Coordinates production of materials.
- Materials produced include, but are not limited to, maps, infographics, printed brochures, flyers, PowerPoint templates, exhibit boards, newsletters, reports and other printed materials, as well as, video, animations, social media and web-based designs.
- Creates project logos and style guides to ensure consistent look and feel on all project materials are met.
- Performs final design and layout of materials, including color schemes, fonts, print-ready artwork, electronic files, etc.
- Identify, choose and coordinate with vendors for printing/publication services as appropriate per project.
- Provides detailed and accurate cost estimates for all printed graphics.
- Maintain electronic records and files of all project related materials.
- Ensures materials are produced to the client’s satisfaction in a timely manner.
- Creates detailed charts and graphs illustrating HNTB’s strategy for the project to clients.
- Designs covers, tabs and dividers that are required for client submission presentations.
- Prepares preliminary sketches, renderings, and/or mock-ups, coordinates customer approval, or recommends and performs modifications as needed.
- Performs final design and layout of materials, including color schemes, typefaces, camera-ready artwork, cutting overlays, etc.
- Interacts with HNTB staff and clients to create initial materials, concepts and ideas that conform to client needs and timelines.
- Develops materials for interviewing with the client, such as boards, PowerPoint presentations and leave behinds.
- Assists in concept development of program identified, logos and other graphic elements to graphically link program materials.
- Designs and performs preliminary layout of various materials including brochures, flyers, media release templates, exhibit boards, newsletters, report covers and other printed materials.
- Helps coordinate production of materials by outside vendors as well as internal staff. Provides detailed and accurate cost estimates for all printed graphics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Art, Graphic Design, or related area
- 3 years art/graphic design experience
- In lieu of education, 7 years art/graphic design experience
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Specific knowledge/experience required:
- Microsoft Windows Platform
- Adobe Creative Cloud including InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, InCopy and Acrobat Pro. Premiere, After Effects and Animate a plus
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Understands GIS data a plus for integration with the aforementioned Adobe applications in the development of maps
- Additional application knowledge:
- Social/digital media experience.
- Basic web development experience.
- Desktop, mobile and web-based app experience.
- Photography knowledge and video production and editing.
- 3D Modeling
- Comprehensive knowledge of graphic design principles and proficiency
- Good communication skills; professional demeanor
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task a variety of projects
- Ability to think tasks through to completion and to prioritize tasks from multiple sources
- Willing to make suggestions to improve or enhance graphics’ support of key messages
- Willing to work within corporate/group guidelines and follow specific processes to ensure a high level of quality
- Willing to take on assignments outside of graphics work if needed
- Willingness to do the right thing.
How to Apply
About HNTBFor more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more at https://www.myhntbtotalrewards.com/en/public/HNTB Corporation is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. The HNTB Companies are an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.