Graphic and Digital Media Designer
June 15th, 2021
Chase Oaks Communications Team is looking for a wildly talented graphic designer to produce extraordinary visual content for Chase Oaks sermon series and other ministry projects. Does the idea of using your design skills to share the love of Christ energize you more than a hot mug of Sumatra blend? Do you believe great design, colors, and typography can influence lives? If so, keep reading to see if you are the right person for this position.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design new graphics or update graphics for all print and print/projection environments in accordance with the brand, philosophy, and goals of the church and each ministry.
- Provide imagery, design, and page layout for print/projection environments.
- Create, manage, and post content specifically for the Chase Oaks website, microsites, and app by making updates as necessary to ensure sites are current and relevant.
- Provide back-up for design in digital environments (i.e., main website, microsites, app, and social media) as directed.
- Present tight comps and sample(s) to supervisor or project contact for selection and approval.
- Incorporate any revisions and changes to material.
- Proof his/her own work.
- Prepare final layout/graphic for supervisor or project contact for approval.
- Proficiently create within the following software environments: Adobe Creative Suite 6 and up (Required: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat. Desired: Fireworks and Dreamweaver) and Microsoft Office.
- Preferred: Utilize basic web tools including HTML and CSS with an emphasis in using Rock RMS.
- Meet with supervisor regularly regarding projects.
- Back up past projects for future retrieval and maintain back-up database listing.
- Maintain project status in task list.
- Continue personal development by subscribing to relevant resources to assist in building knowledge base and participating in various seminars, webinars, and conferences.
SPECIFIC SKILLS / STRENGTHS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be able to provide print-ready materials in a fast-paced environment as well as meet deadlines.
- Requires the ability to multi-task and work independently in carrying out assignments to completion.
- Must have excellent communication/customer service skills and be able to interface with the Communications Team and Chase Oaks Staff.
- Requires the ability to deal with non-routine matters such as special projects.
- Requires the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or schedule form.
- Must display high attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Minimum 5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Undergraduate Graphic Design degree (or related) required.
- There are no supervisory responsibilities with this role.
- Ability to speak effectively and understandably on the phone.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to common inquiries regarding Chase Oaks ministries.
- High attention to customer service.
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Cloud (Required: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat. Desired: Fireworks and Dreamweaver).
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of web design.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of HTML and CSS and be able to do web updates in common CMS platforms (WordPress, Squarespace, ROCK RMS, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook calendaring, and email.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Lifting 5-10 pounds is an occasional but essential requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee may be asked to bend and kneel.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
How to Apply
Qualifications for employment at Chase Oaks Church requires being a Christ-follower—whose work history and lifestyle shows a consistency to adhering to the scriptural principles of the Bible—and agreeing with the Purpose, Strategy, and DNA statements of Chase Oaks. We request that each staff member be “All – In” and be committed to the local body of Christ at Chase Oaks Church in the areas of worship, groups, service and giving.
CHASE OAKS CHURCH DNA
- We Keep It Simple. We seek to do a few things well.
- We’re All In The Same Boat. We are all on a journey of transformation.
- We Boycott Boycotts. We are known for what we are for, not what we are against.
- We Glow In The Dark. We move into hopelessness, need, and injustice with the redeeming power of Jesus Christ.
- This Is Not Our Party. This is the Father’s party, and we are His servants, privileged to prepare the party and invite the guests.
- We Don’t Go It Alone. We do life together in groups, ministry in teams, and serve our community.
- Pass The Baton. We invest in the next generation and give influence to emerging leaders.
- We Are A Salad, Not A Soup. We are intentionally diverse, believing that the mix of generations, ethnicities, and cultures helps create the rich and surprising unity Jesus prayed for in John 17.
- We Don’t Sweat The Small Stuff. We strive to focus on our common mission and core biblical beliefs.
- We Count The Change. As the agents of God’s redemption on this broken planet, our effectiveness is measured by both personal and community transformation.
CHASE OAKS CHURCH STAFF VALUES
- Service: Servant leadership with excellent customer service: 24-hour rule, people first and tasks second, friendly not frantic, you are a big deal!
- Collaborative Teamwork: Five dysfunctions of a team, we plan our work together and we work our plan together (weekly planning, monthly check-ins, q reports).
- Healthy Rhythms: Boundaries, connecting with God, others, and ourselves.
- Fun: We laugh, and we don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- Always Learning: Seek feedback and best practice learning.
- Leadership Development: ICNU culture, investing in current and future leaders.
- Diversity: We strive to create a multiethnic, multi-generational staff for men and women. This requires awareness, relationships, and a commitment to respect all people.
Chase Oaks is certified as one of the Best Christian Workplaces in the country by Best Christian Workplaces Institute. Our staff works hard, has a ton of fun, and is passionate about seeing people grow in their relationship with God, connect with others in community, and make a difference in our world. If you think you would be a good fit for our Chase Oaks team, we would love to talk with you. We are committed to building a great staff team, and we will evaluate each resumé and follow up with each applicant in a timely manner.Qualifications for employment at Chase Oaks Church requires being a Christ-follower—whose work history and lifestyle shows a consistency to adhering to the scriptural principles of the Bible—and agreeing with the Purpose, Strategy, and DNA statements of Chase Oaks Church. We request that each staff member be committed to and regularly worship with the local body of Christ at Chase Oaks Church.