DFWChild is looking for a graphic designer with 5+ years of professional experience in editorial print layouts to design our bi-monthly print magazine. The ideal candidate is highly adept at visual storytelling using the elements of color, typography and eye-catching photography and illustrations to bring the words to life. They’re also scrappy, and uses their computer as a jack-knife to make interesting visuals out of stock or provided images.
What you’ll do:
• Work closely with the editorial team to procure appropriate imagery for print articles
• Format and design page layouts for all departments and features in the issue, adhering to deadlines
• Work with the editorial team to make changes to the layout and copy, as necessary
• See the issue through until shipped to the printer
Who you are:
• You have at least 5 years' professional experience designing editorial layouts at a print magazine
• You are detail-oriented and meticulous, with an excellent knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
• You're a highly-organized multitasker who can work quickly and accurately under deadline pressure
• You have good people and communication skills
• You are a pleasure to work with
DFWChild is a regional, multi-platform lifestyle media company for women with children in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. We’re a woman-led, mission-driven company that exists to educate, inform and advocate for healthy living, social responsibility, education, the arts and the wellbeing of families in our communities. DFWChild is the leader in providing useful and thought-provoking content to parents in the Dallas-Fort Worth area through all platforms—print, digital, social and events—cultivating a loyal audience across all channels.
Dallas-Fort Worth area, TX