December 20th, 2021
Firearms Legal Protection (FLP) is seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to design beautiful and effective content for print, web, and video. The Graphic Designer will work on FLP content, and content creation for key partners and affiliates (similar to a small agency role).
The ideal candidate will be able to balance several different projects simultaneously, as well as advise on best practices and design/marketing strategy. Design work will be focused on the firearms, firearms instruction, insurance, and legal services industries. The Graphic Designer will report to the Director of Marketing and will frequently collaborate directly with the Digital Marketing Coordinator and the Digital Advertising Manager.
- Full-Time Position, salary commensurate with experience.
- Firearms Legal Protection is located in Addison, TX. Initially, this is a full-time on-location position, but flexibility for remote work or hybrid will be considered.
- Medical, Dental, and Life Insurance available
- 401K Plan available
- Exciting and engaging work environment and industry
- Firearms Legal Protection is a small, rapidly growing company, backed by the security of a larger, very successful holding company.
- Design compelling and effective promotional print materials for Firearms Legal Protection
- Concept and create screen graphics for FLP website, partner websites, social media, webinars, presentations, and other digital environments.
- Design effective digital advertisements for FLP and partners/affiliates, working in collaboration with the Digital advertising manager
- Design graphics for email blasts, newsletters, events, and social media, working in collaboration with the Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Effectively Pitch or explain design concept/strategy to sales team members and affiliate brands
- Participate and contribute to team brainstorms and strategy meetings
- Maintain awareness and competitive research of content, styles, and strategies used by competitors
- Create basic motion graphics for videos as needed.
- Professional knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, primarily Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat
- Excellent typography and document layout skills
- Knowledge of ad creation standards, sizes, etc.
- Experience designing advertisements, flyers, presentation graphics, and web content
- 1-2 years of agency experience, or 3 years of in-house experience
- Must be able to work with small teams to accomplish collaborative goals
- Video editing and/or motion graphic skills are a plus!
- A degree in graphic design is preferred
- Knowledge of firearms and the firearms/self-defense industry is preferred
- A candidate must be able to provide a portfolio of work and specific examples of beautiful and effective design that accomplished sales and marketing objectives
- We are currently a pc-based environment, working within this environment is preferred and more valuable, but not absolute.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a link to your digital portfolio to Pliny Gale (email@example.com). Use "Graphic Designer Position" in the subject line.
Firearms Legal Protection operates at the intersection of the FIrearms industry, legal services, and the insurance industry. If you are not comfortable working with these industries, this is likely not a good fit. A designer who can take complex topics from these industries, and visually communicate them in a simple and effective manner is the ideal candidate.
Firearms Legal Protection provides uncapped legal defense coverage for its members who legally use a firearm (or any legal weapon) in self-defense or the defense of others. Unfortunately, when people use a firearm in self-defense they could get arrested, put in jail, and face extensive legal costs. Firearms Legal Protection provides members with peace of mind in these difficult situations by providing uncapped attorney fees, and other benefits such a bail bond protection. Firearms Legal protection operates a 24-hour attorney answered emergency hotline for members. All Firearms Legal Protection members receive benefits including legal protection against Red Flag laws, webinars, product discounts, and more. Protect yourself. We’ll Protect you.