Deadline to Enter May 14th, 2023!
All signals point to a career in visual communication. The DSVC Foundation offers scholarships to help navigate your first-year college expenses. Having direction is just the beginning. Follow the signs, and we’ll help clear the path to being educated in the visual arts.
Visual Communication, in general, is misunderstood and many people within the visual arts “stumbled” into it after forming an interest in fine arts. Parents may discourage talented students from continuing in this direction because they are unfamiliar with the many career possibilities. Through scholarships, the DSVC Foundation seeks to help assist these high school seniors who wish to pursue a career in the visual arts by providing aid to help ease the first-year financial college burden.
This year there are 3 primary scholarships awarded. Judges will determine the scholarship amounts based on the quality of work and need. Scholarships typically range between $3,000-$5,000 in total.
D.C. Stipp Memorial Scholarship
The Chris Rovillo Memorial Scholarship
Paul Jerde Inspiration Scholarship
These scholarships are funded through donations from the DSVC Foundation and the Dream Drive Golf Tournament. The Dream Drive is held each Spring in partnership with the DSVC and the Dream Fund.
For full details, Download the Call for Entries and Rules
The D.C. Stipp Memorial Scholarship, Chris Rovello Memorial Scholarship, and Paul Jerde Inspiration Scholarship are awarded to graduating senior students in area high schools. To qualify the student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Full-time student enrolled in a DFW Metroplex high school for the entire year
- Planning to major or minor in the visual arts field
- Maintain a minimum of a B or equivalent grade point average
- Provide samples of student’s artwork
- Scholarship recipients may attend a university, community college, design school, or an accredited art school. The payment of the awarded scholarship will then be made directly to the school in the student’s name.
Digital Entry instructions:
- Save all files into a folder using the following naming convention LastName_FirstName
- Upload folder to Foundation Application Folder
- Once the folder has been uploaded, send an email to email@example.com to confirm your entry.