Deadline Extended to May 17th!
In an abundance of caution, due to the Covid 19 Pandemic we will
only accept digital entries to this year’s scholarship competition. If
you have any concerns about your ability to meet the digital
requirements, but would still like to enter please contact us at
Visual Communication, in general, is misunderstood and many people within the visual arts “stumbled” into it after forming an interest in fine arts. Parents may discourage talented students from continuing in this direction because they are unfamiliar with the many career possibilities. Through scholarships, the DSVC Foundation seeks to help assist these high school seniors who wish to pursue a career in the visual arts by providing aid to help ease the first year financial college burden.
There are 3 primary scholarships awarded. Judges will determine the scholarship amounts based on the quality of work and need. Scholarships typically range between $4,500-$5,000 total.
- D.C. Stipp Memorial Scholarship – Top Portfolio
- The Chris Rovillo Memorial Scholarship – 2nd Portfolio
- Paul Jerde Inspiration Scholarship – 3rd Portfolio
There are often additional scholarships awarded to students who may also show potential and need. These scholarships are funded through donations at the Dream Drive Golf Tournament held each Spring in partnership with the DSVC and the Dream Fund.
For full details, Download the 21st Annual DSVC Foundations Scholarships Info Package
The D.C. Stipp Memorial Scholarship, Chris Rovillo Memorial Scholarship and Paul Jerde Inspiration Scholarship are awarded to graduating senior students in area high schools. To qualify the student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Full-time student enrolled in a DFW Metroplex high school for the entire year
- Planning to major or minor in the visual arts field
- Maintain a minimum of a B or equivalent grade point average
- Provide samples of student’s artwork
- Scholarship recipients may attend a university, community college, design school or an accredited art school. The payment of the awarded scholarship will then be made directly to the school in the student’s name.
Digital Entry instructions:
- Save all files into a folder using the following naming convention: LastName_FirstName
- Zip your folder into a single compressed file.
- Upload your .zip file to DSVC Foundation HS Scholarship Application
- Once the .zip file has been uploaded, send an email to
email@example.com to confirm your entry.