The DART (DALLAS AREA RAPID TRANSIT) Senior Manager of Creative Services will inspire creative design and the graphic persona of the agency by leading and managing their staff including graphic artists, copywriters and print production personnel to produce engaging concepts and collateral that tell a story and elicit an emotional response for riders, customers and stakeholders. They are responsible for conceiving and implementing visual marketing programs that range from print media to digital presentations to vehicle livery.
The Sr Mgr reports to the Assistant Vice President of Marketing & Advertising and will work collaboratively with other Marketing and Communications leaders, outside creative agencies, other departments and teams within DART including Government, Project Planning, Fleet Engineering, Architectural Services, Procurement, Technology and Maintenance to plan the appropriate activities and output of the Creative Services team. The Sr Mgr leads the entire agency with graphics, printing, production and collateral distribution support.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising or Communication Design, Graphic/Visual Arts, Service Design, Environmental Graphic Design or related field.
2. Eight (8) years progressively responsible positions of leadership within a marketing or advertising environment.
3. Four (4) years managing and leading a professional team.
4. Portfolio of previous work displaying the ability to create effective visual communications with comprehensive knowledge of the marketing design process.
5. Advanced skill in Adobe CC18, especially Indesign, Illustrator and Photoshop; proficiency in Microsoft Office. Current MAC OS; use of conventional design tools and digital camera, color booth, scanners, copiers and printers.
6. Analytical, communication and creative skills to aid in finding solutions to highly complex legal, interpersonal, financial, professional, technical and administrative problems.
7. Interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with all levels, both inside and outside of DART.
8. Ability to demonstrate a fiduciary obligation to team, division, department, and DART in handling materials and information of a confidential nature.
9. Valid Texas Class A, B. or C driver’s license, no Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) conviction in the last (60) consecutive months, not more than one (DWI) conviction on driving record, and not more than three (3) convictions of moving violations within the last (36) consecutive months, in order to operate DART non-revenue-vehicles.
Please go to:
Do not apply by e-mail.
Works in an environment where there is minimum exposure to dust, noise, or temperature. May be moderately exposed to unpleasant working conditions to include dust, noise, temperature, weather, petroleum products, and chemicals while visiting DART's operating facilities, assuming incumbent is observing all policies and procedures, safety precautions and regulations, and using all protective clothing and devices provided.
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may perform other duties as assigned.
DART is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, supporting diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/
DART is far more than just "the thing you ride." It is your "trusted guide" to discovering all that North Texas has to offer.Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) gets you around Dallas, Texas, and 12 surrounding cities with modern public transit services and customer facilities tailored to make your trip fast, comfortable and economical. Our extensive network of DART Light Rail, Trinity Railway Express commuter rail, bus routes and paratransit services moves more than 220,000 passengers per day across our 700-square-mile service area. DART Creative Services is the DART Marketing & Communications in-house source for DART rider and customer communications design, and for internal department support as well.