Major Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in the creation of Midlothian ISD brand guidelines that include appropriate usage of specific fonts, colors, logos, program icons and visual bugs that are public facing.
- Work closely with the Chief Communications Officer and Communications team to develop MISD’s brand story, identity and brand guidelines. Serve as an expert on those guidelines to internal departments to ensure protection of the brand through all visual aspects relating to the district.
- Responsible for researching, designing and problem-solving, as well as making recommendations related to branding challenges that arise.
- Uphold brand identity by being involved on internal and external projects from conceptualization to completion.
- Play a key role in the roll-out of new brand guidelines and standards to include a fun and engaging district-wide rollout event.
- Use innovative ideas as they oversee production and completion of creative projects on time and within budget.
- Design professional, high-quality materials for print and digital initiatives including but not limited to:
- Infographics to share our journey and process of transformation and learning
- Marketing materials
- Posters, flyers, save the dates, banners, trade show graphics, blogs, website and video graphics, advertisements, fleet graphics, promotional items
Collaboration & Communication:
- Interact with Chief Communications Officer and other department team members on a daily basis to ensure creative alignment between projects to keep MISD’s brand standards, one-voice policy and style guide consistency
- Collaborate with internal departments to understand objectives and play an active role in strategy, design and production of collateral materials
- Have strong interpersonal skills and experience in working with individuals at all organizational levels
- Act in a diplomatic manner when dealing with challenges
- Serve as an expert resource and offer design recommendations
- Have a strong ability to develop solutions based on challenges presented
- A graphics coordinator must have proficient organizational and problem-solving skills to manage multiple projects and prioritize workflow
- Responsible for working on various projects simultaneously for many internal departments with MISD. He/She must be able to adapt quickly to feedback and deliver high-end, multi-layer campaigns with quick turnaround times
- Proficient ability to meet demanding, evolving and frequently overlapping deadlines
- Ability to manage a high volume of work is necessary while still creating a high-quality product
- Ability to work well with outside entities, primarily MISD vendors
- Individual must have extensive experience working with vendors and be an expert at preparing work for print/production
- Proficient knowledge of four-color, spot and digital printing processes and prepares requirements to ensure consistency of MISD’s brand palette
- Effectively negotiate with vendors on behalf of MISD as needed
- Requires fresh thinker who embraces challenges as well as new methods of design
- Must be able to present a professional portfolio that includes examples of related work upon request
- Attend regular staff meetings and participate in planning sessions
- Maintains stock image library
- Engage in self-development activities to strengthen skills
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Climbing, stooping, bending, lifting and kneeling; frequent use of small hand tools and electronic test
equipment; frequent district-wide travel. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.
Bachelor’s degree preferred in graphic arts or other related field
Strong visual design proficiency
Client service oriented
Proficient keyboarding, word processing, and file maintenance skills
Highly skilled using Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite software, Windows XP, web content management
systems or other industry standard programs
Skilled in using Google suite including Google Docs
Ability to design and maintain websites, detect and solve web-related problems
Strong knowledge of HTML, web design, and standards compliance
Think independently to solve problems
Work with confidential and sensitive material, maintaining the integrity of the information at all times
Experienced and confident in fast-paced environment where multitasking is required
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to remain flexible, prioritize, self-motivate, manage time and meet multiple deadlines
Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
Five years experience in web and graphic design
Advertising Agency experience preferred