D Magazine Partners has an immediate opening for a Production Manager. If you’re a friendly perfectionist with an eagle eye for quality control, keep reading. We’re looking for someone who’s both relentlessly organized and excellent at building and maintaining relationships with designers, editors, and sales staff. Logic, tact, and a great attitude go a long way.
Duties include management of office-wide publication deadlines, preflight and print prep of both print advertising materials and editorial content, and occasional design for advertising needs. Candidate will need to be a scrupulous protector of quality and will be responsible for final file signoff and upload, and various departmental documentations.
Our ideal candidate believes in producing a high-quality product and detailed work based on established standards, guidelines and procedures. Precise, consistent work is essential while getting personal satisfaction crossing off items from their to-do list.
– Construct initial layout of magazine based on advertising and editorial needs
– Manage process of materials collection, including tracking for in-house produced advertising
– Coordinate and enforce office-wide publishing deadlines
– Preflight and print prep all magazine content
– Upload and approve magazine content to printers and to our website
– Distribute and maintain necessary documents for the construction of each magazine
– Daily check-ins with editorial, art and sales staff on materials needed and production status
– 2-3 years experience at a publication or agency preferred
– Bachelor’s degree in design or related area preferred, mastery of Adobe Creative Suite required
– Experience in print production and print vendor management
– Proven track record of relationship building, personality management, and calm temperament under fire
– Highly organized with documented success in a fact-paced, multi-tasking environment
– Samples of work produced preferred
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We started as a city magazine publisher in 1974. Today we live both on and off the page, an online, print, custom content, and events company. We explore, test, invest, and launch continually, responding through multiple platforms to the evolving needs of a fast-growing city. Our belief is that excellence is irresistible — and trust is irreplaceable. By serving our readers and viewers first, we are able to connect them to the highest caliber of advertisers and marketing partners, with channels and audiences to meet every need.We serve communities of interest in and around Dallas with the mission of making Dallas an even better place to live, work, and play. Our editors are peers to our audience, giving them the resources they need to enrich their lives and inform their work. We are deeply involved in our communities. We are strictly local. We deal with life where it is lived.The D brand represents authority, style, and boldness. We are not shy in our opinions because we are fervently in love with our city. In everything we do, we want to demonstrate, highlight, and encourage the best in our city. Sometimes we are critics, sometimes we are promoters. We are always independent.We know our audiences. We serve them. We are joined with them in a common enterprise of constant enhancement and growth. And nothing could be more fun.