Senior Art Director, In Store Visuals
August 4th, 2021
The Senior Visual Art Director will work with the Creative Director, Sr. Creative Manager, Creative Managers, Art Directors, Asst. Art Directors and Visual Merchandising Managers to ensure seasonal direction, established color palettes and consistency in design and art direction are followed, as well as following established creative brand standards to deliver unique and effective shop presentations for multiple brands within the store.
- Creates design concepts for divisional, seasonal and storewide graphics and 3D displays. Guides the conversion of these ideas into effective retail advertising design to promote immediate sales and achieve the Company’s fashion/brand image goals.
- Mentors art directors and assistant art directors.
- Creates new visual campaigns or shop designs approved by Creative leadership, as required, to meet the needs of divisional requests. Builds out storewide signage based on promotional themes designed by the Brand Marketing team.
- Collaborates with Creative Managers/Art Buying/Visual Merchandising teams to ensure coordination of appropriate merchandise for creative advertising pieces.
- Checks all art &/or photography to ensure factual accuracy, adequacy of selling message, creative effectiveness. Ensures requested messaging is positioned appropriately within a visual layout. Provides personal accountability for the accuracy of all final art for assigned projects.
- Maintains brand standards leadership has set and upholds creative excellence expectations.
- Provides direction to and follow-up on various stages of visual procedures with production, photoshoots, designers, Visual Merchandising Managers and print vendors; all to achieve the best product possible within established budget guidelines.
- Works with Traffic team and print vendors to establish production specs for all visuals.
- Is able to art direct a photoshoot on set, if needed.
- Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or Advertising preferred.
- 5-8 years of Art Direction in a retail or fashion apparel preferred; print experience required. Understanding of how to design in a 3D space is preferred.
- Significant experience in layout for related media with proven management skills and preferably with experience directing, training and guiding other art directors/designers.
- Excellent knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles; media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, sense of style, ability to portray a high taste level in all communication arts. Knowledge of printing/3D display fabrication is preferred.
- Demonstrated creativity, aesthetic sensitivity, ability to multi-task, solve problems and strong visualization skills. Must be able to read basic floor plans and fixture drawings.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while maintaining a positive, can-do service oriented attitude.
- Proven record of advanced presentation and communication skills to upper management.
- Advanced typography acumen and awareness.
- Must be proficient in InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustration and other MAC based applications and design programs. Excellent attention to detail and strong visualization skills.
What you get:
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical/dental/vision, term life insurance, paid vacation/holidays, 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, and an associate discount on JCPenney merchandise.
How to Apply
This position is remote work opportunity.
JCPenney proudly serves customers at more than 650 stores across the United States and Puerto Rico, and at the Company’s flagship store, jcp.com. JCPenney is one of the nation’s largest retailers of apparel, home, jewelry, and beauty merchandise with a growing portfolio of private and national brands. Guided by the Golden Rule, JCPenney employs more than 60,000 associates worldwide and has served customers for over 119 years, playing a vital role in the communities it serves. For additional information, please visit jcp.com and follow JCPenney on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. For more opportunities to join our team please visit our careers page.
Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex, TX