· Collaborate and brainstorm with the Creative Director to create design solutions that support both the digital and print workflow.
· Design, layout and edit various marketing materials for digital and print campaigns.
· Prepare and deliver press-ready print files to various vendors and manage press checks.
· Meet deadlines and work to proactively identify issues that may impact commitments for the team.
· Up to 2-3 years of agency or in-house design experience.
· In office at least 2 days a week.
· Portfolio with diverse collection of well-executed design (digital, website, print, tradeshow and branding).
· Portfolio with strong sense of layout design, visual hierarchy, use of color and typography.
· Portfolio that conveys an understanding of digital design, wireframes and UI/UX.
· Sketching, illustration, hand lettering and photo re-touching capabilities a plus.
· Design degree preferred.
· Proficiency in Adobe Suite: Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator.
· Working knowledge of Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects, WordPress, HTML and CSS is a bonus.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to communicate clearly and quickly to a wide audience of stakeholders in a variety of situations.
· Ability to successfully multitask and prioritize among multiple running projects.
· Capacity to work independently and self-manage, while also functioning well as part of a team.
· Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to problem-solve, through analyzing data or the project creative brief, and provide thoughtful guidance on creative strategies to achieve clients’ business objectives.
· Understanding of UI/UX design.
Cooksey Communications, a mid-sized, integrated strategic communications firm with a 25-year history of representing Texas’ leading businesses, organizations and governmental entities, seeks a talented Graphic Designer to join its Creative Department.The Graphic Designer will be an integral part of the Cooksey team, working with the Creative Director and account managers to develop creative ideas and concepts that have a high visual impact and meet clients’ objectives within a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities will include designing brand, promotional, and integrated campaigns from concept through execution.