Under the direct supervision of the Senior Design and Communications Specialist, the Graphic Designer creates visual text and imagery concepts to communicate ideas that inspire, inform, or captivate the audience. Develop the overall layout and production design for advertisements, brochures, magazines, corporate reports, etc. Create graphics to meet specific commercial or promotional needs, such as packaging, displays, logos, or imagery for print and digital uses, including banner ads, social media posts, website graphics, magazine advertorials, etc. Use a variety of mediums to achieve artistic or decorative effects and often select the type, font, size, color, and line length of headlines, headings, and text. Decide how images and text work together in a specific layout. Collaborate closely with Copywriters. Transform statistical data into visual graphics and diagrams, often creating infographics, making complex ideas more accessible.
· Responsible for gathering content and sending out the This Week at St. Andrew weekly email, a weekly duty
· Responsible for flyers placed around the church on slat boards for upcoming events
· Responsible for graphics and applications for every other worship series
· Study design briefs and determine requirements
· Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
· Develop illustrations, logos, and other designs using software or by hand
· Work with Copywriters and Senior Design and Communications Specialist to produce final design
· Amend designs after feedback
· Plan and illustrate concepts by designing rough layouts of art and copy regarding arrangement, size, type size and style, and related aesthetics
· Coordinate with internal teams, including marketing, in the design concept phase through completion of a project
· Obtain approval of concepts by preparing rough layouts for review
· Coordinate with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc. to complete projects
· Web design
· Proven graphic designing experience
· Strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
· Strong photography skills, with an eye for composition
· Keen eye for aesthetics and details
· Excellent communication skills
· Flexible, cooperative and resourceful
· Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
· Ability to collaborate and get along with other team members
· Knowledge of typography and color theory
· Familiar with design software and technologies (Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Photoshop, etc.)
· Proficient on a MAC OS
This position does not have any supervisor responsibility.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience.
· 3-5 years of (relevant) experience
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is an exempt full-time position at 36.5 hours per week. Work hours are Monday – Thursday, 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. and 4.5 hours of event photography that could include weekends.
This position would require the ability to move equipment from one location to another and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
No travel expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Contact Jessica Roberson, email@example.com. Please include resumé, samples of work and contact information.
People in all stages of life come together here to live in community. Join us for worship, discover ministries that best help you stay connected, passionately serve our community, and steward God's resources to glorify God. St. Andrew offers classes and opportunities to serve, where you can expand your faith alongside your church family.