I am a designer and artist with an insatiable desire to learn. Most of my experience is in desktop publishing and print design, but I also have experience designing trade show displays, digital design, and brand design.
Over the years I have had the joy of interfacing directly with a wide range of clients—everyone from funeral directors to state agency employees to college and university professors. During this time, I've also worked on a variety of teams and gained a deep appreciation for collaboration, iterative work, and feedback. I value opportunities to create custom solutions for a variety of problems, whether that's consulting on accessibility for online learning materials or creating book covers that speak to the content within.
This ethos inspired me to go from being a barista at Starbucks, to landing my first design job with In Loving Memory back in 2014. While it was great being able to create custom funerary print designs to help bring the recently bereaved some peace, it was an emotionally trying position. I left In Loving Memory to join Kalkomey Enterprises, Inc. where I interfaced with state agencies to ensure their outdoor safety manuals and online courses were up-to-date and delivered on time. From there I joined the Fountainhead Press team project managing and designing textbooks for the higher-ed institutions (colleges and universities). Initially, traditional print publishing, when Fountainhead teamed up with Top Hat, my digital skillset further expanded to include digital instructional design, training, and onboarding clients, and digital production processes and timelines.
Throughout my career, I've savored each challenge and learning opportunity, as well as the opportunity to meet so many people!
Over the years, I've been able to develop:
• A dauntless approach to the unknown
• Excitement to face and new challenges and solve new problems
• A love of learning, professional growth, and personal development
• Agility to wear multiple "hats" and switch between projects fluidly
• Flexibility in my work—in person, remote, independent, and collaborative work all suit me
Some key skills I have are:
• Organization of several concurrent projects and hundreds of files
• Collaborating with cross-functional teams to deliver custom solutions
• Thinking outside the box to create engaging solutions within various constraints
• Building and nurturing client relationships
• Learning a variety of software for design, remote work, and project management
I've received praise for my soft skills/people skills during client onboarding, training, and project facilitation. In addition to that, I've developed strong file management and organizational skills.
Current font fetish
Favorite Worst Feedback
I had created a call for art flyer for free for an art collective. I utilized purple throughout. The organizer, upon seeing it, said he did not like purple and insisted I change it. When asked what colors he did like, he would not say.
being social at
on the web