The Art Director is responsible for all of the visual content created by the Wisteria Design Team. They are in charge of communicating the Wisteria Brand in all channels and increase customer awareness and brand loyalty. This position reports directly to the Vice President of Design and Creative. Direct reports to this position include the In House Studio Manager and the Wisteria Graphic Design Team.
You’ll be suited for this position if you:
· Are a talented and experienced graphic designer with a strong visual aesthetic and experience in Catalog layout design.
· Have the ability to think creatively and to manage many tasks and personalities at once
· Know how to motivate and bring out the best in others
· Are a strategic and independent thinker with solid planning and follow-up skills
· Have the ability to execute under accelerated timeframes and can quickly adapt to change in priorities. Strong organization, attention to detail, and “never fail” ability to meet deadlines is crucial.
· Cohesive branding and graphic design for all channels (catalog, email, social media, ads, etc.)
· Layout and design for each catalog and Wisteria LookBook
· Develop Shot List for and participate in each new catalog photoshoot
· Ensure all SKUS in each new buy are represented in the catalog
You’ll also be expected to:
· Ensure the Creative/Production team is producing beautiful and meaningful content that represents the Wisteria Brand, Mission, and Core Values within the marketing plan, time, budgetary, and technological constraints
· Provide guidance and monitoring of Creative and Studio Production team’s monthly benchmarks and goals
· Assist in other design related projects across all channels, including but not limited to, social media, web, retail, collateral and inter-office projects
· Assist in the production calendar by concepting photography for promos and emails
· Build final electronic files for prepress department and /or vendors in accordance with established guidelines and procedures to ensure highest quality and most efficient processing of final art
· Research new typography and continuously evolve both typography and layout design
· Collaborate as a team leader who partners effectively cross all departments.
· Monthly Creative Budget
· Accuracy of Catalog Content
Experience and degrees:
· 5+years in catalog, art direction and graphic design
· Strong design, layout, typographic skills
· Skill in the latest versions of the Macintosh operating systems, Adobe Photoshop CS5, Adobe Illustrator CS5, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Lightroom, Phase One, and Capture One
· Knowledge of post-processing programs and techniques such as image processing, color temperature /balancing, etc.
· Experience with catalog printing process and final proof approvals
· Wisteria strives to make the world a better place by creating beauty and meaning and we are looking for someone who shares this passion.
If what you’ve read up till now is exciting to you and you can’t wait to start, here’s what to do next:
Visit http://www.cindexinc.com/c/72F71A to start the application process. After you fill out the survey, you will be prompted to attach a current resume and cover letter.
Thank you for your interest in Wisteria.
WISTERIA Art DirectorDo you love puzzles? (Laying out a catalog can be much like a puzzle!) You have a love of great design and strong attention for the details. It MUST be right! You are a juggler and great communicator with a natural persuasive style. If this sounds like you, read on- Wisteria may have a job for you!
Farmer's Branch, TX