D Magazine Partners has an immediate opening for a Production Manager. If you’re a friendly perfectionist with an eagle eye for quality control, keep reading.
We’re looking for someone who’s both relentlessly organized and excellent at building and maintaining relationships with designers, editors and sales staff. Logic, tact, and a great attitude go a long way.
Duties include management of office-wide publication deadlines, preflight and print prep of both print advertising materials and editorial content, and occasional design for advertising needs. Candidate will need to be a scrupulous protector of quality and will be responsible for final file signoff and upload, and various departmental documentations, including vendor invoices and paper inventory.
Our ideal candidate believes in a quality product, can sense a paper weight change a mile away, and gets personal satisfaction crossing off items from their to-do list.
- Construct initial layout of magazine based on advertising and editorial needs
- Manage process of materials collection, including tracking for in-house produced advertising
- Coordinate and enforce office-wide publishing deadlines
- Preflight and print prep all magazine content
- Upload and approve magazine content to printers
- Distribute and maintain necessary documents for the construction of each magazine
- Process vendor invoices and file final fiscal documents for each magazine
- Press check select magazines and work with printers on the development and bidding of new or changing projects
- Daily check-ins with editorial, art and sales staff on materials needed and production status
- 2-3 years experience at a publication or agency preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in design, or mastery of Adobe Creative Suite/equivalent work, required
- Experience with LaunchPad and InSite software preferred
- Experience in print production, project bidding and print vendor management
- Proven track record of relationship building, personality management, and calm temperament under fire
- Highly organized with documented success in a fact-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Samples of work produced preferred
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com
We started as the city magazine of Dallas-Fort Worth, the nation’s fastest growing metropolis. Today the D Magazine brand dominates the region on and off the page, an online, print, custom content, and events company. Our belief is that excellence is irresistible — and trust is irreplaceable. By serving our readers and viewers first, we’re able to connect them to the highest caliber of advertisers and marketing partners, with channels and audiences to meet every need.