Visual Communication Designer
January 22nd, 2019
IN2 Innovation is an experience innovation design agency. We help companies create and deliver effortless experiences that drive growth for our clients’ brands. We are looking for a Visual Communication Designer with 1-3 years of experience (or internship experience) in digital graphic design and web design to join our multi-disciplinary creative team. In this role, you will work closely with our designers and marketing personnel to create digital and print materials for internal and external use.
- Storytelling. We’re looking for someone to understand, build, and tell our stories and our clients’ stories (through text, graphics, and video).
- Graphic Design. Primarily, you’ll be creating visual collateral, so your graphic skills need to be strong.
- Video. Periodically you’ll be asked to create and edit video content.
- Flexibility. You’ll need to be comfortable working with (and removing) ambiguity, and adaptable to a wide range of projects at any given time.
- Receptive. Willingly accept feedback and creative critique from all areas of the business.
- Self-management. A self-motivated individual performer, but who can collaborate regularly with the larger team
- Organization. You’ll be successful through strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize multiple project / tasks.
- Communication. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including creating and delivering presentations.
- Software. Excellent computer skills - proficiency with MS Office, the Adobe Suite, and the ability to learn new software
- Relationships. We expect positive, engaging, and (wherever possible) fun interactions with others. You’ll need great interpersonal skills.
- Pace. You must enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and be able to respect and meet deadlines.
- Detail Orientation. Great attention to detail, paired with the ability to follow instructions and ask good questions.
- Constant Learning. We expect you to have a baseline of skills, but often new projects require exploring new topics and tools. You’ll help us do new things by being eager to learn and try new approaches.
- Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design / Communication Design / Advertising or related filed
- 1-3 years in digital graphic and web design (or internship experience)
- Experience working in marketing and social media is a plus
- Working with a wide range of media and graphic design software
- Create materials in print, digital and video format
- Able to create websites in varies platform, including Squarespace, WIX, and WordPress
- Thinking creatively and developing new ideas, design concepts, graphics, and layouts
- Executes digital and print marketing materials
- Understands and adheres to branded style guides, and implements designs accordingly
- Strong understanding of visual trends related to social marketing and digital platforms
- Must be willing to travel domestically and potentially internationally
- Work under supervision
- Participate in interdisciplinary design teams and reviews
- Learn and follow company processes for product design and development
- Additional duties as deemed appropriate
- Adobe Suite (including but not limited to Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Lightroom, Premiere)
- Online tools – Squarespace, WIX, WordPress
- MS Office
How to Apply
Why You’d Love Working Here:
All the above is a lot about what the job entails. But let’s shift to why we do what we do – and, if you think the way we do, why you’d be a good fit with us.
We believe that, more than ever, the world craves well-crafted experiences. At the core, that’s what we are committed to building. It’s why we come in every day. You’ll be a big part of that – helping craft beautiful, emotional content to connect with our audiences.
Our team has the chance to work on a wide range of truly innovative projects. If you join us, you’ll be part of a small and thriving company that engages in the hard, satisfying work of delivering true user experiences. Because we’re small, we’re able to evolve and move quickly to maintain status as a leader in the innovation space. It also means that you’ll work directly with our senior leadership as you design and tell our stories.
By the nature of the work, we have to thrive under tight deadlines and go the extra mile. It’s also why our clients look to us to help them create their future. And we know it’s a bit cliché, but we work hard and we play hard, so we also look forward to having a beer with you at the end of the day.
You’ll fit in with us if you’re positive, enthusiastic, and as excited about creating effortless experiences as we are. As a multi-branch company, you will be collaborating with a diverse team in Austin, Atlanta, and occasionally Charlotte or China. But sunny Addison–near the heart of the Dallas metropolis–is where you’ll call home.
If this sounds appealing, we can’t wait to meet you!