Do you live "outside the box"? Do you dream in Pantone Technicolor? A small north Dallas advertising and design firm is looking for an mid-level designer. The selected candidate must have proficiency in a Macintosh-based graphic design environment, evidence of creative problem-solving and conceptualization skills, along with proven creativity in design of publications, brochures flyers, posters, newspaper advertisements, a Bachelor's degree in art, graphic design or visual communications. The selected candidate should also have a portfolio that shows their abilities in typography, layout, use of photography and color, as well as exceptional creativity.
• Experience working with Macs.
• Experience with Adobe software (Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, etc.).
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team-based environment.
• Proven ability to drive projects from start to finish.
• B.F.A. in Graphic Design with Web emphasis or equivalent
Skills That Give You An Edge:
• HTML development (raw code) and HTML code maintenance (must be able to create modified templates/layouts and additional graphics, based on the existing design, for pages that don't fit the standard mold.).
• Enjoys the design and development process.
• The ability to multitask and work within certain time constraints.
• Has a genuine interest in design and web what other sites/developers are doing, and what works/what doesn't.
• Is the type of person who wonders how things work, and how they can work better.
• Can make simple edits to website and build one from scratch.
• Is conscious of the "User Experience" in print and web, and strives to make it the best it can be.
• Enjoys sharing ideas with the team and collaborating.
• Is driven to improve upon what was done the last time.