January 13th, 2020
Responsible for executing the design, layout, and visual identity of Virtuoso sponsored content outserts and event magazines, as well as other print and digital projects as assigned.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and layout of sponsored outsert publications, event magazines, and other special-purpose content, including cover and interior pages, with photographs, illustrations, design, and type treatments.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop concept, source image assets, and secure all approvals necessary from start to finish.
- Prepare files for print production, including packaging, pre-flighting, exporting, and uploading files to print vendor. Also prepare and upload files for digital usage.
- Review and correct printer proofs; may perform press checks.
- Commission occasional field photography and illustrations, negotiating fees and assignment details; research and edit stock photography and illustrations; negotiate with stock photography houses and photographer/artist representatives.
- Adhere to production schedules, with the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Assist with ad hoc Marketing projects as needed.
- Travel occasionally for staff meetings, events, and training as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in art, design, communications, journalism, or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in editorial design.
- Must be creative and innovative, with a sophisticated, modern approach to design, typography, editorial photography, photo editing, and illustration.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat Professional, Mac operating system, and font management programs.
- Web fluency; web design ability desirable.
- Familiarity with proofreading and geographical terms.
- Personable, professional, team player with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and problem solve in a deadline-driven environment.
Type/Nature of Contacts: External: Frequent contact with stock photography houses, photographers, illustrators, and print vendors; freelance contributors; marketing partners; and Virtuoso travel advisors.
Internal: Daily contact with Virtuoso staff, including Content team colleagues as well as other departments in various Virtuoso offices.
How to Apply
Virtuoso is the leading international travel agency network specializing in luxury and experiential travel. The by-invitation only organization comprises over 1,000 travel agency locations with 20,000 elite travel advisors in over 50 countries through North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. Drawing upon its preferred relationships with 1,700 of the world's best hotels and resorts, cruise lines, airlines, tour companies and premier destinations, the network provides its upscale clientele with exclusive amenities, rare experiences and privileged access.Virtuoso offers a competitive salary and full benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life, a company matched 401(k) savings plan, and more. Virtuoso is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a diverse workforce.
Fort Worth, TX