Junior Graphic / Multimedia Designer
February 25th, 2021
The Kimbell Art Museum is currently seeking a multitalented, creative, and motivated individual to assist with graphic design production, complete basic video and audio editing, and develop other multimedia content as identified. This position reports to the head of marketing and public relations and works closely with the museum’s designer and manager of publications.
- Assist museum’s designer with design requests, production, and delivery to printers, media partners and internal stakeholders, including but not limited to print and digital advertisements, printed collateral, and multimedia graphics
- Produce, monitor, and update the museum’s print and digital signage in coordination with key team members
- Conduct press checks as needed
- Liaise with printers and other vendors as needed
- Produce multimedia content, including video, audio, motion graphics, and email templates, to support exhibitions, educational programs, press, special events, social media, and other purposes as assigned
- Distribute video and audio content on selected publishing platforms
- Collaborate with outside media production vendors for projects as needed
- Manage multiple, simultaneous projects to reach targets, staying on schedule and on budget
- Collaborate closely with a variety of stakeholders, both internal and external, on all aspects of projects, including planning, content development, turnaround time, corrections, approvals, and project estimates
- Other duties as assigned
Software expertise required:
- Graphic Design: Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
- Video: Adobe Premiere Pro and/or Final Cut Pro
- Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat
- An associate degree in graphic design, advertising, art direction or film; bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- At least 1 year of professional experience working in an agency or in-house marketing department
- An online or digital portfolio is a must.
- Possess artistic ability, creativity, imagination and design layout skills with knowledge of graphic arts and computerized software to include desktop publishing
- Strong typographic and layout skills with solid knowledge of printing processes
- Attention to detail and outstanding organizational, project management, and archiving skills
- Excellent verbal, analytical, and written communication skills
- Experience with digital content such as websites, social media, online advertising, and e-mail campaigns; experience with Constant Contact or similar a plus.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Applicants must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background and drug screening.
How to Apply
The Kimbell Art Museum, owned and operated by the Kimbell Art Foundation, is internationally renowned for both its collections and its architecture. The Kimbell’s collections range in period from antiquity to the 20th century and include European masterpieces by artists such as Fra Angelico, Michelangelo, Caravaggio, Bernini, Velázquez, Monet, Cézanne, Picasso and Matisse; important collections of Egyptian and classical antiquities; and the art of Asia, Africa and the Ancient Americas.The museum’s 1972 building, designed by the American architect Louis I. Kahn, is widely regarded as one of the outstanding architectural achievements of the modern era. A second building, designed by world-renowned Italian architect Renzo Piano, opened in 2013 and now provides space for special exhibitions, dedicated classrooms and a 289-seat auditorium with excellent acoustics for music. For more information, visit kimbellart.org.
Fort Worth, TX