This role will report directly to the Creative Art Manager. The Designer is an enthusiastic creative with a love of art direction, graphic design, typography, animation, and storytelling. In addition to the minimum of 5+ years of experience preferred, the ideal candidate will have a can-do attitude and be comfortable working in an in-house agency environment. The position will offer the opportunity to work both individually and collaboratively on all aspects of the creative process for a wide range of marketing projects. You’ll be responsible for working with our agency partners and internal managers in other departments to translate our key messages and vision into high-quality communications, from initial concept to completion.
· Education: Bachelor's Degree
· 5 years of experience of art direction or design preferred. Minimum of 4 years of experience required.
· Able to prioritize competing needs with good reasoning and creative solutions
· Self-starter with excellent communications skills
· Experience partnering with project managers for delivery
· Understanding of digital design and animation
· General understanding of best practices in advertising and marketing
· Strong verbal and written communication
· Skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud, namely InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
· Understanding of retouching and color correction
· Experience with production for photo shoots and video shoots
· Ability to articulate the qualities and benefits of a design approach
· Future-forward and concept-driven thinking
· Must understand how to follow and enforce brand guidelines
· Must have strong organization and time management skills
· Expert understanding of marketing principles and industry dynamics
· General understanding of copy writing is a plus
Necessary Skills and attributes:
· The candidate must be action-oriented and energetic, with an ability to move projects forward, be responsive to the changing needs of internal and external partners, and manage and motivate teams to achieve results
· Ability to operate in a corporate environment.
· He/she must be a creative, strategic thinker who is able to grasp the big picture, while simultaneously executing the finer details
· He/she must also be a good communicator, both written and oral
· A team player that supports their coworkers and is always willing to help others
· Strong organizational and presentation skills
· Must be able to multitask and keep pace – move at industry speed
· Strong attention to detail with deep understanding of guidelines
· Must be flexible, have a positive attitude and be open to change
· Willingness to take direction and learn from others
· Passionate thinker about consumer behavior
Job Posting Link: https://sec.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Samsung_Careers/job/6625-Excellence-Way-Plano-TX-USA/Senior-Art-Director_R53886
Making the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
Plano, TX (Hybrid Work Model), TX