Success! Your job has been posted to our Job List. This job expires on Dec 31, 1969. edit job details
Senior Graphic Designer
May 24th, 2023
Salary: $59,009.60 – $88,400 annualized
Location: Fort Worth, TX
The Senior Graphic Designer provides high-level graphic design in the Department of Communications and Community Outreach, to enhance marketing, print collateral, digital assets, community relations and the organization activities of Tarrant Regional Water District. The Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for producing a multitude of print and digital assets, collateral, and artwork in a timely manner, adhering to established brand and graphic standards, in support of TRWD’s internal and external efforts.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this position.
- The Senior Graphic Designer reports to the Creative Head and helps steward TRWD’s visual identity system and monitor its usage on all visual communication touchpoints produced throughout the district.
- Track and communicate job progress in project management software and meet project schedules and deadlines assigned by the Creative Head, Project Manager and/or department director
- Collaborate with the department director, Web Management team, the News & Media Relations team, the Community Relations and Marketing team, and the Communications Project Manager to provide creative solutions, strategies, etc. to support key initiatives, projects, etc.
- Responsible for proofreading and design review of creative projects to ensure quality design and accuracy that meets TRWD’s brand and style guidelines
- May lead and guide the work of student and intern graphic designers
- Participate in production and/or marketing planning and meetings, strategic planning processes, etc. and provide recommendations on complex design challenges
- Collaborate with the communication teams on asset creation, proofing, and implementation, with the ability to self-manage a large volume of design projects at one time while ensuring all deadlines are met
- Design team projects include but are not limited to logo creation, creative campaign execution and branding systems involving deliverables such as print, online and social advertising and promotion; event materials such as catalogs, programs, brochures, invites and booth and signage systems; presentation design and execution, giveaways, etc.
- Maintain familiarity with strategic District levels of service
- Continuous improvement monitoring and innovation efforts
- Perform other duties as required
- The selected candidate must be experienced working daily in a Windows platform.
- Five (5) years or more in graphic design services
- A team player that can produce fresh, exciting graphics with the experience to take a project from conception through final delivery
- Extensive knowledge of specialized, multi-faceted design concepts and media
- Knowledge of printing and/or reproduction processes and techniques, and knowledge of printing procedures and requirements
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple, complex assignments on tight deadlines and tight budgets
- Strong understanding of branding strategies and associated marketing concepts, and the ability to professionally present concepts
- Superior design, typographic ability, and ability to work with visual art that speaks to a diverse audience
- Expert knowledge of design-related software: Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and Acrobat; and knowledge of printing production processes
- Ability to use project management software, i.e. Asana, Trello, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, visual communication design, or a closely related field, or 4 years of related experience
- Valid Texas driver’s license
How to Apply
For more than 90 years, TRWD has improved the quality of life in the communities we serve by providing a reliable and sustainable water supply, vital flood protection and an outstanding variety of recreational opportunities.
Fort Worth, TX