The Graphic Designer will be an integral part of the Cooksey team, working with the Creative Director and account managers to develop creative ideas and concepts that have a high visual impact and meet clients’ objectives within a fast-paced environment. Responsibilities will include designing brand, promotional, and integrated campaigns from concept through execution.
· Collaborate and brainstorm with the Creative Director to create design solutions that support both the digital and print workflow.
· Design, layout and edit various marketing materials for digital and print campaigns.
· Prepare and deliver press-ready print files to various vendors and manage press checks.
· Meet deadlines and work to proactively identify issues that may impact commitments for the team.
Design Experience and Expectations
· 2-4 years of agency or in-house design experience.
· Portfolio with diverse collection of well-executed design (digital, print, packaging and branding).
· Portfolio with strong sense of layout design, visual hierarchy, use of color and typography.
· Portfolio that conveys an understanding of digital design, wireframes and UI/UX.
· Sketching, illustration, hand lettering and photo re-touching capabilities a plus.
· Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator, Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects).
· Proficiency with WordPress, HTML and CSS.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be able to communicate clearly and quickly to a wide audience of stakeholders in a variety of situations.
· Ability to successfully multitask and prioritize among multiple running projects.
· Capacity to work independently and self-manage, while also functioning well as part of a team.
· Ability to perform under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
· Ability to problem-solve, through analyzing data or the project creative brief, and provide thoughtful guidance on creative strategies to achieve clients’ business objectives.
· Understanding of UI/UX design.
Cooksey Communications, a mid-sized, integrated strategic communications firm with a 25-year history of representing Texas’ leading businesses, organizations and governmental entities, seeks a talented Graphic Designer to join its Creative Department.