Assistant Director of Creative Services
University of Texas at Dallas
Engineering & Computer Science
Commensurate with experience
Desired Start Date
The assistant director of creative services will oversee visual brand management for the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science at The University of Texas at Dallas. The ideal candidate is a creative leader with superb skills in project management and collaboration with multiple stakeholders. They must have professional experience in a form of visual production, such as photography, graphic design or videography.
The assistant director of creative services will report to the assistant dean of strategic marketing and communications in the Jonsson School; manage staff members producing content in various print and digital forms, including text, graphics, photography, videography and animation; and work collaboratively with other members of the Jonsson School Marketing and Communications Team, the Jonsson School and UT Dallas.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in related field.
Three plus years relevant professional experience.
Any equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
At least 10 years of progressive experience in the creative services, with 5 years in a supervisory role. Experience working in higher education. Experience working with or producing visual content for clients in science, technology, engineering or math fields. Experience with AP style.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage the Jonsson School brand, particularly in visual communication.
• Assist in leadership and integrated marketing and communications strategy for the Jonsson School Marketing and Communications Team.
• Produce compelling and dynamic content in an area of creative expertise; understand and implement best practices in other forms of rich media and content production, management and dissemination.
• Manage professionals and student workers in the development of creative projects from concept to production to distribution.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Work collaboratively with stakeholders of the Jonsson School community at all levels of the organization.
• Art direct in photo and video shoots and at live events.
• Research best practices, design trends and effectiveness of visual communications.
Additional Information A remote work schedule is not available for this position.
Some positions within the University are subject to federal vaccination requirements. For example, all faculty, staff and students who are working in the Callier Clinics must be fully vaccinated by January 4, 2022 in accordance with the emergency federal vaccination requirements for health care facilities established by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services’ (CMS) Interim Final Rule. See 86 Federal Register 61555 (effective Nov. 5, 2021).
Newly hired employees who are subject to federal vaccination requirements will be required to show proof of vaccination (e.g., vaccination card, immunization records from health care provider) prior to their first date of employment.
UTD will consider exemptions for employees seeking a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement.
Mandatory Testing and Daily Health Check:
In order to combat the spread of COVID-19 all UTD Faculty, Staff, and Students are required to:
• Enroll in and complete a Daily Health Check each day, regardless of vaccination status.
• Participate in the University’s mandatory COVID-19 testing program.
Newly hired employees will be automatically enrolled in University’s testing program. Thereafter, the University will test a sample of the UT Dallas community as part of its proactive testing program.
1) All employees serve as a representative of the University and are expected to display respect, civility, professional courtesy, consideration of others and discretion in all interactions with members of the UT Dallas community and the general public.
2) UT Dallas does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its programs and activities, including in admission and enrollment. For inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies, contact the Director of Institutional Equity at InstitutionalEquity@utdallas.edu or the Title IX Coordinator at TitleIXCoordinator@utdallas.edu, or call 972-883-5331
To apply for the position, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/2699852